Winter Jam Details
- The Winter Jam is one of the four main Earthdance seasonal jams. It often has around 100-140 participants, is open to all movement levels and backgrounds.
- Ticket Options: We offer full jam, commuter, camping and drop-in day options.
- Drop-In Days: We are offering 2 drop-in days (no overnight) on Saturday, December 30th and Sunday, December 31st Drop-Ins (15 ticket limit per day). This option is only available for folks who have been to Earthdance before. We ask that you check-in with ED staff when you arrive between 9-10am.
- Nine Mountain retreat center is just across the field and is available once you purchase a Commuter Ticket with Earthdance. You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a bed at an additional cost per night. ***ALL participants staying at Nine Mountain MUST check-in at the Earthdance Farmhouse during registration times BEFORE settling into Nine Mountain. Thank you for understanding.***
- Children: We are encouraging children to stay home for this jam. We are not providing child care, children’s programming, or kids pricing. Join us for the Summer Jam, which offers many children focused offerings!
- NEWCOMERS!!! We will be offering classes on embodied consent and CI fundamentals. Please take a look at our What to expect at an Earthdance Seasonal Jam, Jam Guidelines, and Nudity Policy on our website to help orient you to this full experience.
Arrival, Onsite Check-In, Opening Circle, Departures and COVID Testing
- Arrival and Onsite Check-In: The welcoming will commence for Full Jam participants on Wednesday, December 27th from 4:00pm-7:00pm. Dinner is at 6-7pm.
- Opening Circle: Thursday, December 28th at 10am. We recommend that all Newcomers to attend this.
- Mid-Jam Full House Clean: Saturday, December 30th from 12-1pm. All Participants join the Clean.
- Drop-Ins: Arrive to check-in at the front of the farmhouse Saturday, December 30th and Sunday, December 31st between 9-10am. Only available for folks who have been to Earthdance before. If you arrive late, find Olive.
- Closing Circle and Final Clean: Closing Circle is at 12pm, Lunch from 1-2pm and Final clean from 2-3 pm. All participants will depart after the final group clean at 3pm on Tuesday, January 2nd.
- COVID Testing: Please make sure that you have tested for COVID on the day of arrival for Full Jam and Drop-In days. If needed, participants may purchase tests from Earthdance for $10 each.
Our Fees Explained
Earthdance offers a sliding scale payment for participation in this event, please take a moment to reflect as you decide on where you best fit.
Your level of contribution is self selected and does not need to be advocated for. However, we invite you to remember this contribution is currency and we ask that you stretch where you are able so that those who cannot stretch as far of a financial distance may also have potential access to community events. As you choose your rate please consider the following factors:
- Your access to income and wealth, as connected to family and partnership, both currently and anticipated in the future.
- The historical, systemic impacts of wealth accrual based on culture, race and other intersection marginalizations for you and your family.
- The regional ease of your attendance, while some community members can drive to Earthdance, others will need to consider tuition based on their ability to travel longer distances.
- Earthdance is a community and rental funded organization which recently, historically and uniquely through the Covid-19 pandemic has struggled to have viable income.
Equity & Access Tickets
Although we’re not able to offer any full scholarships this year, we’re excited to offer up to 14 FULL JAM Equity & Access Discounts to individuals who feel part of an underrepresented and/or marginalized group in CI and have a relationship with CI. We know that for those who come from marginalized populations showing up to spaces filled with primarily privileged groups can be a challenge, and can feel vulnerable.
“Apply” and see more details here. Application deadline is December 13th.
For those who do not identify as marginalized and are in a represented group of CI, we invite you to stretch in your payment to help support those who cannot stretch and create a more diverse jam experience for all.
Note: While Earthdance is making efforts to better support Equity & Access at all its events, this jam offers particularly strong support for diversity, equity, and inclusion through:
- Reduced pricing offered to people self-identifying as being underrepresented and/or marginalized in CI.
- Classes and discussions that aim to bring up the level of awareness and inclusion at the jam as a whole
- Affinity spaces (jams, discussions, etc.) for particular groups of people to connect, share CI space together, and rest from the pressures of being in a minority status at the jam.
Gratitude Lodge at Earthdance Tickets
Includes a bed in the Gratitude Lodge, Jam offerings, and food during the jam.
The Gratitude Lodge (a.k.a. the Earthdance dorm) is the main lodging facility, connected to the Farmhouse by a short wooded trail. The lodge includes large and small rooms featuring dormitory-style bunks and beds (twin & queen size) and is included in the base Jam cost. Beds are available on a first come basis.
Includes a spot to camp at Earthdance, Jam offerings, and food during the jam.
You will have access to the Jam offerings including food for the event.
Commuter Health Care: We ask that you please use caution when commuting and limit, if possible, to just commuting to and from your home and Earthdance, staying away from large crowds to maintain the health and well being of the other Jam participants.
Nine Mountain (the retreat center next door to Earthdance)
You will need to contact Robyn at email@example.com to reserve a bed AFTER you’ve registered for a Commuter Ticket with Earthdance.
- Dorm bed (first come, first serve – includes sheets with kitchen and hot tub access at Nine Mountain)
- $60 per person, per night
- NO Private Rooms Available
***ALL participants staying at Nine Mountain MUST check-in at the Earthdance Farmhouse during registration times BEFORE settling into Nine Mountain. Thank you for understanding.***
Earthdance Gratitude Lodge – SOLD OUT
$800 – Financially Wealthy
$675 – Financially Abundant
$575 – Financially Stable
$500 – Financially Coping
$450 – Financially Strained
Camping (for the brave ones)
$770 – Financially Wealthy
$645 – Financially Abundant
$545 – Financially Stable
$470 – Financially Coping
$420 – Financially Strained
Commuter and Nine Mountain
$750 – Financially Wealthy
$625 – Financially Abundant
$500 – Financially Stable
$400 – Financially Coping
Saturday, December 30th OR Sunday, December 31st (no overnight)
$100 – Drop-in (Includes 3 meals and entrance to the Jam. Only 15 tickets available per day due to capacity limitations and only for those who have been at Earthdance before. Thank you for understanding.)
Refund available up to 14 days (December 13th) before the event less a $75 (full jam) & $30 (drop-in) processing fee.
No refunds available less than 14 days (After December 13th) from the start of the event.
Partial refunds might be given if a cancellation takes place under extenuating circumstances (e.g. a death of a 1st or 2nd degree family member, serious non-preventable illness or accident requiring hospitalization). Refunds in such cases remain at the discretion of the local organizers and will be decided on a case to case basis according to the timing of the cancellation and other factors.
ALL registrants are required to take an antigen test on the day of before arriving on Thursday, December 27th (Full Jam), Saturday, December 30th (Drop-In), and Sunday, December 31st (Drop-In) at Earthdance. If you need a test, Earthdance will have them available to purchase for $10 each. No specific requirements on vaccination status are needed to attend this event.
Please take adequate measures to limit your exposure in the days before arriving. If you are feeling sick, or have a known close exposure to someone with COVID in the past 5 days, please sit this one out to keep the community well.
COMMUTERS: We ask that you please use caution when commuting and limit, if possible, to just commuting to and from your home and Earthdance, staying away from large crowds to maintain the health and well being of the other Jam participants.
Participant Community Support
Earthdance runs as a community, thus part of the participation is that all individuals contribute to 1-2 work shifts (typically meal cleans) throughout the event and participate in a final house clean on the last day of the event. These are great ways to connect more with your fellow participants and Earthdance staff, and to feel more at home in the Earthdance buildings & grounds. Your contributions to this collective caring of this space are invaluable!
Earthdance’s buildings are ADA accessible. More info here.
Born & raised in Greece, first fell in love with Contact Improvisation in Argentina 8yrs ago – their desire to deepen in this practice, in nature & community, led them to Earthdance for a summer as a work exchanger 6yrs ago, and the 5 cold long winters that came after that have not yet managed to make them go away.
Katerina has been exploring movement and touch on land and water for the last 8yrs, is currently running a practice of therapeutic bodywork & somatic coaching in Boston,MA, and is part of the Contact Improvisation Jamaica Plain team.
Katerina loves researching what’s accessible when we come together in our bodies, while cultivating awareness of self & relationship, and often dreams that these practices might be part of what one day lead us to world peace. Some of their background: Esalen & Thai massage, Aquatic Dance, Aguahara aquatic bodywork, Authentic Movement, Feldenkrais, Somatic Self Compassion.