Black History Month Artist Residency
In honor and celebration of February’s Black History Month, Earthdance will once again be offering a free week-long residency to two selected black dance-based artists. This annual program is part of our commitment to equity & access and one of the ways we are using our unique resources to further the careers and artistic development of black dance-based artists. If you are interested in applying for the residency please submit the following Google form: https://shorturl.at/APX49. Deadline for submissions is March 15th, 2024.
What we are offering is:
- 7 days/6 nights accommodations in our dorm
- food included (may or may not include prepared meals depending on what else is happening that week)
- uninterrupted private access one of our two dance studio spaces
- wood fired sauna and spring-fed swimming quarry
- extensive woodland and hiking trails
- multiple common spaces for hangout or quiet space
- transportation to and from Earthdance is not provided although a pick-up from Northampton or Pittsfield could be arranged for a fee
These artist residencies are being offered specifically in honour and recognition of Black History Month, so we ask that only folks who identity as black, professionally practicing dance-based artists apply. We will assess all applications after March 15th. If you have any questions around the residency or around filling out this form, feel free to email Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.