Earthdance, in its continued dedication to contribute to co-creating a more just, sustainable, and beautiful world, is in the process of evolving its actions and discourse in this area. We are currently building a new Equity & Access team to support Earthdance to imagine and walk a middle path that supports the communal and societal shifts that we intend to make in order to achieve these goals.
Actions we have taken in the past, and/or are currently taking:
- Offering Equity & Access tickets to our events
- Offering BIPOC-designated scholarships to our events
- Creating affinity spaces
- Offering no-cost artist residencies to Black artists as part of celebrating Black History Month
- Offering Queer Jams
- Offering BIPOC Jams
- Enlisting a BIPOC support person/host for our events
- The continuing presence and support of a dedicated A.S.C. team (Accountability, Safety, & Care)
- Social justice training for staff and board.
- Collaborating with and providing space to BIPOC-lead organizations