What we've engaged in recently (2017):
- Anti-racism training for board and staff led by local professional facilitators Anika Nailah and Joseph DiCenso.
- Undoing Racism(™) training for staff by the People's Institute for Survival and Beyond
- Organizational development coaching from Jannie Dziadzio, local consultant, to hone our practices to bring us into greater alignment with our values and to function more effectively.
- Engaging in a process of a Truth & Reconciliation Forum to create space and healing for People of the Global Majority who have been impacted by Earthdance.
- Engaging our community in facilitated discussions at jams and other events about race and racism at Earthdance.
- Formed a Moving Justice Collective, composed of Earthdance community, staff, and board members, aimed at moving forward positive change with regards to social justice work at Earthdance.
What we're planning: (more details coming soon):
- We will continue the process of truth and reconciliation this coming year as board members, staff, and community develop specific actions to strengthen racial equity at Earthdance through our programming, hiring practices, and more. We will continue to recieve professional consulation for and throughout these immediate and long-term changes.
- The Cross Racial Advisory Council mission is being created. Thank you to the folks who have taken this task on! We are deeply grateful for the support in time, energy, and donations, to bring the Truth and Reconciliation reparations into actions.
Support our initiatives here >>
Anti-racism articles and video links:
- Deconstructing White Privilege - Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D.
- White Fragility - Robin DiAngelo, Ph.D.
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Discussing Race - Jay Smooth
Have questions and/or want to get more involved? Email Kelsey at email@example.com