Earthdance Creative Living Project, Inc., Plainfield, MA
Still accepting applications. Apply today!
Position start date: Upon hire
Earthdance is a residency and retreat center run by resident and off site staff and volunteers, and located in the Berkshire hills of Western Massachusetts. We provide a dynamic mix of dance, somatic, and interdisciplinary arts training, with a focus on sustainable living and equitable community. Earthdance has been spearheading innovative arts programming and maintaining a beautiful facility for rental groups in the Pioneer Valley for over three decades. www.earthdance.net.
Inspired by a commitment to equity and sustainability, we are especially interested in candidates who are interested in and committed to intersectional social justice work.
The Office Manager is specifically responsible for daily oversight of the Earthdance Office as well as managing Earthdance-produced events.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Core Staff, .8 FTE (128 hours/month), Non-Exempt, Residential or Off Site
Supervises: Assigned volunteer(s), including Office volunteer
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Answering, directing, and organizing a large mass of emails, phone calls, and questions
- Managing Earthdance-produced events (workshops, jams, and residencies) and serving as the main host for teachers, guests, and staff.
- Communicating and planning with participants and teachers in preparation for Earthdance events
- Registering participants in advance and on-site for Earthdance events.
- Conducting financial transactions with guests, tracking payments in our database, and working with the Business Director or Bookkeeper to process additional financial transactions.
- Maintaining registration & database as well as email lists.
- Organizing travel for workshop teacher and guests.
- Booking studio rentals and personal retreats
- Oversight of the Earthdance store including ordering inventory, managing sales, and store appearance
- Basic management of the website, updates & some content management
- Intermediate management of the database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attends weekly Core Staff meetings, and Office Meetings with Executive Director ; Occasionally leads meal cleans for Earthdance programs and rental groups as needed.
- Strong team leadership skills in a live/work environment
- Ability to work for condensed periods of time under pressure, with high volumes of people
- Ability to manage personal work schedule depending on requirements/responsibilities as needed
- Professional demeanor and work ethic
- Strong administrative capacity; strong email and telephone response-time and etiquette
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and budgets using Microsoft Excel
- Problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to self-direct and take direction
- Ability to maintain positivity and composure under pressure
- Ability to handle changes in work priorities with ease
- Ability to interface with others using tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Experience hosting and coordinating program logistics and registration
- Experience supervising and leading teams
- Background in customer service and hospitality
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or comparable experience
- Strong interest in, and previous experience with, cooperative living, community building, and intersectional social justice
Earthdance prefers a two-year minimum commitment; however, this is at-will employment. Position start date is upon hire.
Women, People of the Global Majority, LGBTQIA, and/or those differently abled are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.