Earthdance, Plainfield, MA
Earthdance is an arts organization and retreat center hosting workshops, artist residencies and community programming in the hills of Western Massachusetts. Our focus centers on a dynamic mix of dance, somatic, and interdisciplinary arts training, with conscious awareness towards social justice, sustainable living and community building. Earthdance has been spearheading innovative arts programming while also maintaining a beautiful facility for rental groups for over three decades. Earthdance is not your “average” non-profit organization, it is home away from home for many dancers and creatives. It’s a place that cultivates creative expression, values personal development, and has a commitment to cultural change and reflection. Sound interesting?
The Job Vision:
An ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, flexible, can look at the big picture and the details, can balance professionalism, lightheartedness and creativity! You ask for and offer feedback, are a team player, and have strong communication skills, timely follow through on projects and a good sense of curiosity. Earthdance events and schedule are constantly changing. This asks each of us to tap into our skills of improvisation and thinking creatively. You’ll be working alongside creatives, artists, volunteers and perhaps interacting with dance retreat participants, there is room for your own creative expression and engagement.
The Marketing Coordinator is a part time, off site position responsible for supporting all design components for marketing, programming, and fundraising at Earthdance. You will work to ensure brand consistency and optimal levels of public engagement through Earthdance's materials. You’ll work closely with the Programming Committee to plan and implement integrated e-marketing and social media strategies that ensure professional, timely, and creative communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, implement, and distribute Earthdance’s marketing materials for workshops, rentals, and fundraising purposes
- Maintain and grow Earthdance’s social media (Facebook & Instagram) and web presence
- Write and manage monthly and event specific email announcements
- Produce marketing reports: program attendance, etc.
- Work on other tasks and projects as the need arises
What to Bring:
- Demonstrated experience with design software (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience, excitement, and enthusiasm for electronic marketing and social media engagement
- Working knowledge of website management and updating
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrated time-management skills
- Ability to maintain positivity and composure under pressure
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in social media, communications, marketing, digital media and/or transferable fields.
- You have background and/or interest in dance, community building, and/or arts
Schedule & Compensation:
This is a part time, non-residential position, estimated at 10 to 15 hours/week initially, with the potential for more hours in the future. Compensation is from $15 - $17/hr based upon experience. This position could also be structured as an independent contractor relationship. Ideally the candidate will live nearby and be able to come to Earthdance at times, but a remote position is also possible.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color, LGBTQIA, women, and/or people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.