We offer an invitation to come together in community to grieve.
What is the medicine of grieving in ritual containers? Unprocessed grief compounds and becomes a toxic emotional energy, which can create violence and perpetuate intergenerational trauma. When we move our grief, it makes space within us. This gives us a sacred opportunity to choose aligned action and to show up in the ways we truly want to show up in the world.
Many cultures have shared traditions around grieving, which could sometimes last for days at a time. We as Western ritualists aim to co-create spaces that honor the wisdom of our lineages as well as the many generous teachers who have brought their practices to the West.
For this ritual our intention is to invite gentle movement of our bodies and the emotions held there. We recognize that forgiveness and compassion are essential ingredients of our grieving process. We are holding these as the foundation for this ritual.
Following our ritual, we will share a potluck meal together at Earthdance, and then delight in a Dance Jam together.
This ritual is for you if:
- You need support processing grief and would like to do this in a held container with others.
- You understand that grief is both a personal and collective experience and you’re willing to hold your grief as a way to heal both self and community.
- You understand that this space will be one piece of healing and are willing to seek ongoing support such as co-counseling, bodywork, nature connection, medicine ceremony, therapy, dance jams, etc.
- You are willing to be with your pain or discomfort and be witness to others’ without needing to fix it.
It’s not the right time for you to join this ritual if:
- You are in an active trauma state on the day of the ritual.
- You feel unable to moderate your nervous system when activated, for example, by noticing if you are dissociating and grounding, asking for support, or taking a break etc.
- You are unwilling to be with your own and others’ pain or discomfort without needing
- to fix it.
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes
- Possible change of clothes for dancing
- Potluck dinner item to share
Share our Facebook Event!
Ritual: 3 – 6pm
Jam: 6:30 – 9pm
Ritual and Jam: $40 – $110 sliding scale
Ritual: $30 – $80 sliding scale
Jam: $10 – $30 sliding scale
Sauna and 2 towels are available for $10
Potluck Dinner: Please bring your favorite dish or donation of $5-10
***If you find that you are struggling financially or there are other circumstances that are making it difficult to join this special workshop, please email email@example.com with your situation so that we can create a way to have you join us.***
If you wish to extend your visit and stay overnight: A dorm bed in our Gratitude Lodge is $40. (Rental of sheets and towel is $15) * Includes access to the sauna and kitchen use but does not provide food.
Refund available up to 10 days before the event less a $20 processing fee.
No refunds available less than 10 days from the start of the event.
Partial refunds might be given if a cancellation takes place under extenuating circumstances (e.g. a death of a 1st or 2nd degree family member, serious non-preventable illness or accident requiring hospitalization). Refunds in such cases remain at the discretion of the local organizers and will be decided on a case to case basis according to the timing of the cancellation and other factors.
No specific requirements on vaccination status are needed to attend this event. Please take adequate measures to limit your exposure in the days before. If you are feeling sick, or have a known close exposure to someone with COVID in the past 5 days, please sit this one out to keep the community well.
Earthdance’s buildings are ADA accessible. More info here.
Chaya Leia Aronson, RN, BSN has great passion for supporting woman and womb-bearers to connect more deeply with our health, pleasure and vitality. Chaya maintains a practice offering in person and virtual work with clients in Western Massachusetts offering Maya Abdominal Massage, Holistic Pelvic Care and Health and Sexuality Coaching.