Following current CDC and state precautions regarding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we have cancelled our onsite events for the time being and closed our facilities to the public. We will be closely monitoring the situation and following state guidelines for when to reopen. We are also shifting some of our upcoming workshops & events to be hosted online, and will continue to reach out to connect with community members near and far. We hope all of you, wherever you are, are staying healthy and safe, and finding creative ways to improvise through these uncertain conditions.
Currently, a small number of residential Staff & Volunteers-in-Residence are living onsite. If you wish to connect by phone, please call (413) 634-5678.
What We're Doing to Ensure the Health & Safety of All:
- The facilities are closed; only previously identified Staff, Volunteers-in-Residence, and vendors are permitted to enter.
- We're closely monitoring official guidance from state governmental & health authorities along with the CDC to stay up-to-date on all recommended & required safety measures.
- We're actively monitoring Staff & Volunteer health and asking Staff & Volunteers to communicate what work they're comfortable engaging in.
- We're taking additional measures to sanitize common surfaces on a regular basis.
As our calendar of events is currently in flux while we find ways to adapt our scheduled onsite programs to new online formats, we suggest using this page for the most up-to-date information on programs & events Earthdance is offering.
Upcoming Virtual Spring Programs (on Zoom):
- Earthdance LIVE: Virtual Sunday Class & Talkback – Sundays, 7–8:30pm EDT
- Tree Land Sky: site-responsive listening & practice – May 21–23
- Queer CI Lab & Jam 2020 – May 30–31
- Body Resonance—Butoh & Organic Movement – June 5–7
- the forces of nature: A Six Viewpoints Online Experiment – June 12–14
Our Summer & Fall programs are currently pending. We will keep you posted about Sumer & Fall programs being converted to online formats, canceled or rescheduled.
We will continue to update you with information about Earthdance workshops, events, creative offerings, and ways of connecting through this COVID-19 Responsiveness page, emails, and social media.
Ways to Stay Connected:
- Visit Earthdance on Facebook and Instagram.
- Sign up for one or more of our mailing lists (including a new Earthdance LIVE mailing list).
- Email us at one of our Staff emails.
- Stay tuned for a forthcoming Earthdance Media webpage!
As you can imagine, the need for social distancing and preventative measures have created a severe economic challenge for Earthdance. If you are in a position to offer financial support at this time, please visit our COVID-19 Appeal page.
We continue to hold you and your loved ones in our hearts.
With love and care,
The Earthdance Staff & Board
[updated April 30, 2020]