Hosted by Cocréa Mindful Partner Dance at Earthdance
Do you desire for a greater sense of connection in your dances? Do you feel like there is an underlying piece missing from your dances? An animation that transcends technique and form? Do you want tools for taking the confidence you feel on the dance floor out into the world?
Using techniques from social partner dance as our common language, our intention is to explore form and craft containers with such great integrity, that our ability to request and receive consent and play from our heart, body and spirit emanates in our every movement and action.
Believing in life as a dance, Cocréa is a continually evolving holistic movement modality intended to bring individuals into strong, empowered, expressive relationships with their bodies and their communities. Cocréa is really just a somatic method for recognizing patterns and adapting to them. Being resilient to change by offering new ideas, saying yes to invitations, and holding an attitude of peace and acceptance while trying new things.
This training is a foundational deep-dive into the core principles and practices of Cocréa. Participants in this training will gain a deep understanding of what Cocrea is and how it works.
In this training we will cover:
- Fundamental partner dance technique
- Understanding Attunement and the Six Realms of Connection
- Processing change: The Invitation Circle
- Exploration of posture and its effect on partner dance
- Group discussions of foundational Cocréa concepts
- Intimacy Building in social networks
- Musicality and its effect on dance connection
Unlike our retreats, this four-day training is designed for a more intensive schedule of workshops and forums with less free time built in.
This training is a pre-requisite for anyone considering our Facilitator Training. This is an excellent training for anyone seeking to work diligently to improve their connection skills through partner dance. You do not need to be an experienced partner dancer to get something out of this training. This is for anyone who desires to utilize concepts and techniques from the partner dance to increase their connection skills both on and off the dance floor.
This training is right for you if you want access to better connection with more dancers on the social dance floor, and especially so if you aspire to teach connection through partner dance some day!
Why Partner Dance?
Dancing in intentional connection with others offers a wealth of benefits. It has been shown time and again how necessary it is for us humans to engage in healthy, physical contact with one another. We hold this truth at our core and endeavor to offer spaces for this need to be met in a good way. Building upon this foundational aspect of our humanity, Cocréa opens doorways to finding versatility and ease as we move through life.
- Improve awareness and sensitivity to emotional and physiological states of other people
- Practice listening to verbal and nonverbal cues
- Calm the mind to increase presence and attentiveness to another person’s sharing
- Increase emotional intelligence
- Practice asking for and giving your full embodied No and enthusiastic Yes
- Honoring and respecting boundaries
- Interpreting and understanding body language
- Practice taking risks and trying new things in a supportive environment
- Become more comfortable with spontaneously expressing yourself through movement
- Enjoy the experience of feeling grounded in a powerful, fluid body and calm, curious mind
- Add variety and fun to your week through playful interaction with likeminded people
- Gain skills you can teach to existing dance partners
- Experience a sense of belonging within the larger Cocréa and Fusion communities
- Connect online with national and international Cocréa community
- Have fun and laugh with new friends.
- Open new neural pathways of self-expression through exploration of dance form and a diversity of music
- Strengthen and integrate all the parts of your body to support that expression
- Release self-limiting beliefs that hold you back from being fully expressed
- Develop trust in the phenomenon of emergence and learn to be guided by the moment
Enhance Somatic Awareness
- Discover movement of your body as a living wisdom within you
- Develop stronger body awareness for more graceful movement
- Master spatial awareness for greater ease of movement in daily life
- Find flow as you move through your world
Ready to Shift Your Paradigm? Watch the Video >>
photos © Cole Hatcher Photography