Hosted by the Earthdance Staff
Where would we be without the helping hands of our community? We invite you to our Domestic Bliss Winter Work Weekend to sew, build, organize, clean, eat, rejoice, dance and play. Come for one day or stay the whole time, and pitch in where you can. Stay, eat, and dance for FREE!
Please RSVP to email@example.com
Work Weekend activities:
Welcome Dinner | Friday, February 3rd at 6pm
Warm food and good friends to kick off the weekend
*See Full Weekend Schedule below
Come ready to sew, paint, repair, and clean the Earthdance Farmhouse and Dorm. There is plenty to be done, and we'll have plenty of fun as we do it.
Projects will include sewing curtains and cushion covers, redecorating, administrative projects, archiving old documents and pictures, mural painting, furniture building, and deep cleaning. If you have specific skills in any of these areas and want to lead a project, please include a description of your interest in your rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
Impromptu Jams can happen on Friday & Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoon.
Things to bring and/or donate (if you have them)
- Sewing machine to use over the weekend
- Fabric - especially fireproof and heavy weight canvas and upholstery fabric
- Thread, needles, scissors and any other tools that you think could be useful.
- Couches and other furniture in good condition! We are looking to 'upgrade' some of our couches. Perhaps you have a cozy couch or something else that you are willing to donate? Please send a picture to email@example.com
- Warm blankets (washable) and large serving bowls and platters in good condition (no need to send a picture)
- Don't have anything to donate? Join our search team. Spend some time on Craig's list and freecycle trying to find great furnishings. Maybe you also want to scan the thrift shops for us! Please send posts and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you can also pick-up furniture.
Please note! Earthdance currently is NOT in need of sheets and towels as donations.
(photo credit: Natasha Brooks-Sperduti)
Full Weekend Schedule:
You are welcome to arrive anytime 4pm or later on Friday, February 3rd. When you arrive, get settled in the dorm, find you bed, and then come to the Farmhouse for dinner!
|6 PM - 7:30 PM||Dinner time|
|6:30 PM - 8 PM||Dinner Clean|
|8 PM & ON||Dancing / Jamming|
|8 AM - 9 AM||Breakfast time|
|8:30 AM -10 AM||Breakfast clean|
|9 AM - 10 AM||Good Morning Shake – DJ Niri|
|10 AM - 10:30 AM||Town Hall Meeting (Choose your project and meet up with your team leader)|
|10:30 AM - 1:30 PM||Projects work time (Feed up the house)|
|1:30 PM - 3 PM||Lunch time (Feed up your tummy) + Clean|
|3:00 PM - 6:30 PM||Projects work time (Continue with the love)|
|6:30 PM - 7:30 PM||Dinner time|
|7 PM - 8 PM||Dinner clean|
|8 PM & ON||Dancing / Jamming*|
|8 AM - 9AM||Breakfast time|
|8:30 AM -10AM||Breakfast clean|
|9 AM - 10 AM||Good Morning Shake – DJ Jeanette|
|10 AM - 1:30 PM||Projects work time (Wrapping it up)|
|1:30 PM - 2:30 PM||Lunch time (Feed up your tummy)|
|2:30 PM - 4 PM||Spontaneous Jam?|
|4 PM - 5 PM||Good Bye Final Clean|