Earthdance’s annual Spring Equinox Jam is centered around research and renewal.
Earthdance’s annual Spring Equinox Jam is centered around research and renewal. As winter melts and gives way to spring, a cozy, curious, quiet atmosphere opens up for engaging in Contact Improvisation (CI) dancing and investigation. The Spring Jam is typically 25–40 people, and is particularly geared toward anyone looking to explore Contact Improv for the first time or explore new layers of movement exploration in CI. Through focused dancing, light conversation, and creative exchange, the Spring Equinox Jam offers many opportunities for awakening and beginning.
Find out more about: What to Expect at an Earthdance Seasonal Jam.
We are wanting to meet with as Covid safe a container as we can create together. This event is open to vaccinated people only. This does not include a requirement for any booster shots and we will maintain our COVID requirements with the closed container nature of the event.
Please note the following:
- The event is open to vaccinated people only. This does not include a requirement for any booster shots.
- The Jam will be a closed container with no single day options to attend
- All participants will need to arrive during either of the specified arrival times (4-7pm on Thursday or 8-9:30am on Friday)
- All participants need to attend the Opening Circle at 10:00am on Friday
- Please understand that Earthdance cannot assist in transportation needs or requests of any kind.
- Please read our Covid Protocols (A link to read full requirements is below) to understand what we are asking in regards to testing before your arrival and after
Arrival, Check In, and Opening Circle:
- Participants need to arrive after 4:00pm and before 7:00pm on Thursday, the first day of the event.
- Check-In, Welcoming and testing will be at the Gratitude Lodge (AKA: The Dorm) from 4:00pm-7:00pm on Thursday, and again from 8:00-9:30am on Friday.
- Opening Circle will be at 10:00am on Friday. All participants must attend Opening Circle.
- You will need to wear your mask upon arrival and until you test negative on site.
Our Fees Explained
Earthdance offers a wide range of sliding scale for participation in this event, please take a moment to reflect as you decide on where you best fit.
Your level of contribution is self selected and does not need to be advocated for. However we invite you to remember this contribution is currency and we ask that you stretch where you are able so that those who cannot stretch as far of a financial distance may also have potential access to community events. As you choose your rate please consider the following factors:
- Your access to income and wealth, as connected to family and partnership, both currently and anticipated in the future.
- The historical, systemic impacts of wealth accrual based on culture, race and other intersection marginalizations for you and your family.
- The regional ease of your attendance, while some community members can drive to Earthdance, others will need to consider tuition based on their ability to travel longer distances.
- Earthdance is a community and rental funded organization which recently, historically and uniquely through the Covid-19 pandemic has struggled to have viable income.
My Cup Runneth Over: $550
Financially Abundant: $400
Financially Stable: $325
Financially Coping: $275
Financially Strained and Systemically Disadvantaged: $235
Ages 2- 13: $225
*More details about the distinction amongst rates can be viewed on our sliding scale page.
Limited Scholarships are possible for people needing financial aid, and to BIPOC individuals. If you have any questions or concerns about cost, or if you cannot issue payment by credit card and need to pay by check or some other means, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earthdance Dormitory: The Gratitude Lodge (a.k.a. the Earthdance dorm) is Earthdance's main lodging facility, connected to the Farmhouse by a short wooded trail. The Gratitude Lodge includes an assortment of large and small rooms featuring dormitory-style bunks and beds (twin & queen size) and is included in the base Jam cost. Beds are available on a first come basis.
Camping: $40 off (for brave snow people)
Refund available up to 14 days before the event less a $75 processing fee
Note: If testing positive for COVID upon arrival, a full refund will be provided. If testing positive for COVID part way through the event and needing to leave, a proportional refund will be provided.
Participant Community Support
As Earthdance Jams run as a community, all participants contribute to 2 work shifts (typically meal prep & cleans) and chores throughout the jam & workshop and will participate in a final house clean on the final day of the event. These are great ways to connect more with your fellow participants and Earthdance staff, and to feel more at home here. Your contributions to this collective caring of this space are invaluable!
Earthdance's Jam Guidelines
The Jam Guidelines have recently been updated! Please take the time to review them ahead of the event and we will engage with them together.
State guidelines have constantly shifted. We are choosing to hold this event while understanding there are inherent risks with any public event. We understand that everyone needs to make different personal choices for a variety of reasons about what type of event feels safe. The Spring Jam will be open only to fully vaccinated attendees. Below are the Covid related requirements for this event:
- Provide proof of vaccination when registering.
- We require you to take a PCR or rapid test in the window of 2-3 days in advance of your arrival and send us your negative results. We also invite you to then avoid situations which may involve enhanced risk of exposure.
- We ask that you NOT attend if you have any symptoms of illness. A full refund will be provided if you become sick or are exposed to someone with Covid.
- Proof of Covid negative test result must be sent by the morning of the event for confirmation of your spot
- Please wear a mask when arriving on site and until you have completed your rapid test at check in
- All attendees will be required to take a rapid covid test when arriving on site and may remove masks after displaying a negative test. (provided by Earthdance)
- All attendees will be required to take a 2nd rapid covid test again ½ way through the Jam (again provided by Earthdance)
- Within the container of the weekend, the dance spaces and entire facility will be mask optional spaces, with masks not required, but optional for anyone who wants to wear one.
- In the event that you become sick while on site, you will be required to leave Earthdance. You will be responsible for organizing your own means of departure so please consider this in advance. If you leave early due to illness, you will receive a prorated refund
This structure is subject to change in advance and during the event, depending on how conditions unfold.
**Please know there are several steps to the registration process**
You will first be asked to complete a google form, and you will then continue to the link for registration & payment.