We invite you to join us on the land this Spring as we clean up from a long winter, and get ready for summer, amid a hopeful next step in relationship to the coronavirus.
We're inviting up to 20 volunteers to join our small staff in doing a variety of outdoor work for the morning and afternoon. The day is free, but we also welcome donations if you are interested.
12:00pm - 3:00pm
Bring your own lunch
The buildings will be closed but bathrooms will be available
And, as a thank you, stay on after for our Outdoor Music Jam starting at 3:30pm. If you join for the Outdoor Work Party, then the Outdoor Music Event is free. (no need to register for the music event)
Due to Covid-19, this cleanup event will be different than others in the past. There is much to clean up outside and focused physical work is needed. To help with expectations, here is a little more information and some questions to consider about the Clean Up time:
- As the weather is unpredictable, there is a chance it will be a rainy day. Are you comfortable being outside in the rain for hours? Again, our buildings are closed except for using the bathrooms and so there will not be access to the kitchen or spending time indoors. Please know that if the forecast is heavy rain, we will cancel the event and let you know the day before.
- We will not be providing any food or beverages but please stay hydrated and bring a water bottle to fill up.
- We are particularly needing people who can haul, carry, lift, get dirty and do some concentrated work. Are you comfortable carrying weight?
- Do you have your own work gloves to protect your hands? Are you okay with ticks? Are you able to get pretty dirty and possibly work in the rain? These are some questions to please consider.
- Maintain 10 feet of separation from others not in your pod
- Wear a mask, unless working distanced from any others
- Buildings will be closed but bathrooms will be available