AIR, Earthdance's year-round residency program offers the beauty and solace of Western Massachusetts paired with the community-living atmostphere of the Earthdance homestead.
AIR is an opportunity for you to focus on the development of your work and share with the local community through a variety of formats. You can offer a weekly class to our residents and local community, a performance, give a talk, set-up a dialogue or discussion, or create your own way of engaging with the community that supports the development of your work.
What Earthdance Offers You
Working/Performance spaces including:
- 2 beautiful, large dance studios with sprung maple floors and radiant heating
- Several cabins and other spaces ideal for installations, video/sound editing locations, and unconventional performance spaces
- The great outdoors: more than 125 acres of meadow and forest for art-making and respite
- A church and community center for site-specific work (through collaboration with a local congregation)
- 3 vegetarian meals a day (animal protein available for purchase nearby for non-vegetarians)
- A wood-stove sauna nestled in the woods
We welcome creators of all types! Improvisers, artists, dancers, writers, scientists, and researchers of all kinds are invited to invest in creative processes at Earthdance.
We welcome applications for AIR in the following areas:
Download and fill out the application and send all required materials by email or mail to:
252 Prospect Street
Plainfield, MA 01070
If you have questions email: Sarah Young at sarah [at] earthdance [dot] net